Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Favourite Artists: Del Kathryn Barton


Del Kathryn Barton is another artist whose work I love. She has had numerous solo exhibitions, been featured in group exhibitions, has won many prizes, and received much recognition for her work. In 2008 she won the Archibald Prize for her self portrait with her children.

Her work captivates me; it is an honest, raw narrative from a female perspective and I love how she is not afraid to paint so candidly. The intricate paintings she creates are often confronting and intimate, and always beautiful.  I think I have run out of adjectives about Del Kathryn Bartons' paintings!



 More information about Del Kathryn Barton and her work can be found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis