Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Painting... finally finished!

To state the obvious, I have been drawing and painting birds a lot lately... something I have never done before.  I enjoy playing around with shapes and colours, and I like coming up with different bird characters.


This one took me a while, because I started with the idea of using paper collage on plywood, and using these to create tree branches. Beyond that I had no plans, so I just let the painting evolve - this is what I ended up with.

I am being experimental, and waiting to stumble upon an idea that I like so I can come up with a body of work that I am happy with!

1 comment:

  1. The way you create the texture of the bark is amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis