Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Favourite Artists: Minnie Pwerle

I blog about my work, but it is the work of many other artists that inspire me.  I have a lot of favourites, and thought I would post about some of them for you to enjoy as well.

I have loved the paintings of Minnie Pwerle for many years, and she is one of my most favourite artists.  She was an Australian Aboriginal artist who did not begin painting until she was in her late 80's.  Her paintings are vibrant and beautiful and they express her deep connection to the Australian Landscape.



Minnie Pwerle passed away in 2006, and although she only painted for less than 10 years, she created many beautiful pieces.

More information about Minnie Pwerle and images of her art can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis