Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!

'Delartful' has seen plenty of changes since I began almost 3 years ago, but the biggest change was in my commitment to make more art. Since I was young I knew painting was all I wanted to do and it took too long for me to do anything about it.







I didn't really give my brand much thought when I started this. It was on a whim one night as another birthday was approaching, and being sadly aware that another year had gone by not doing what I loved that I decided to set up a blog and make my first post. I didn't give much thought to whether I liked "delartful" enough to have it connected to everything I did.

I have my friend Robin to thank for inspiring me with the idea of doing this blog. It seemed like a good way to finally do something about getting my work out in the world. It fitted around work and the family, and it was a buffer - because I was so nervous putting up work for other people to scrutinise.

I didn't think I would be blogging for this long, and it has changed my desire to paint to thinking that I could actually do this seriously. I also found out I liked surface design and illustration just as much as painting, and I have so much I want to do with it. So now before I take the next step of doing something with it, I am signing off on 'delartful' and starting fresh with 'arli design'.


My new website is where I will continue, with so much gratitude for the start I made here. And I am very grateful for everyone who has supported me along the way. I am looking forward to what may come next, this time it is much more than a whim, dissatisfaction, and a desire to paint.


If you want to come along, this is where you will find me:



xo Thanks! ox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis